There are 64 divine mother impulses which govern the subtle creation. These are responsible for restoring all earthly and spiritual benefits. They are simply part of one’s awakened consciousness. These nine nights are celebrated to rekindle those divine impulses and celebrate the innermost depth of our lives.
Navratri, a festival celebrated twice in India to worship mother divine. This festival is always colourful, spiritual, magical and musical. A Garba Raas Dance is performed in this festival. One should go ahead enjoy this truly magical experience.
HOW TO DRESS FOR DANDIYA!
Being a girl, I can understand how difficult it is to decide what to wear. We have so many clothes in our wardrobe but still we have nothing to wear. So here are some tips which will help to make decisions:
1: Chaniya Choli – Specially designed to wear, when playing Dandiya. These dresses are heavily embellished with mirrors, beads, shells, etc. It is perfect attire for girls to get dressed-up on the occasion of Navratri.
2: Cape with a dress – Cape is another graceful costume, which gives a sophisticated yet traditional look on the dance floor making you the centre of attraction.
3: Lehenga – perfect attire which can be worn very easily without any second thought to any function. This fusion of saree and lehenga is also one of the traditional attires, which helps you look gorgeous on the Navratri Dandiya night.
4: Anarkali Suit – A floor length Anarkali suit is always a life saver. When you confused with what to wear just go ahead and wear any beautiful Anarkali from your wardrobe.
During Navratri, people do fasting as well. So to keep you energised here are some fasting tips for you.
- Fasting could prove to be tiring particularly for the stomach. Long gaps between meals and very limited options to eat could lead to acidity and slow down your in people choose to eat one whole meal during fasting but if this meal if planned wisely may take care of most nutrients required by the body. Make use of vegetables like sweet potatoes and potatoes along with main meals. Some people also add tomatoes, bottle gourd, cucumber and leafy vegetables like spinach. Do not miss out on them if they are allowed in your fast.
- Focus on concentrated sources of energy like nuts and dry fruits to keep getting the energy throughout the day. Eating whole fruit is always better than juice as it will give you the required fibre and make you feel full. Add an extra serving of dairy product especially curds and cottage cheese in the form of buttermilk or lassi to your diet.
- Avoid fried food items like potato chips and sabudana wadas. They are not a healthy way to fast and would lead to unnecessary acidity and weight gain in long term considering you will be fasting for 9 days.
- metabolism. Even though one is fasting, certain foods like dry fruits and fruits are always allowed. One should make use of these food items and eat every 3 hours.
- Keep yourself well-hydrated by the miracle fluid ‘water’. It is advisable to have as much of it as possible. The intake of water should be more than what it is on the non-fasting days. You can also drink a lot of other fluids like fresh juices and milk. These will help cleanse your toxins and maintain an optimum fluidity in your body.